Once Upon A Time
Stephen Tan, the company’s founder, woke up one day and discovered
that he had no friends. Well, none that could hang out with him. His
regular friends were either busy or didn't reply.
So he gave up.
And he started writing the CaughtUp app.
Everyday, it seems that the stars and the heavens need to align for people to meet up. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Today, the CaughtUp team is preparing to launch their android and ios app in March.
The problem we are trying to solve is that planning meetups can be frustrating. There's miscommunication, no communication, or a lot of back and forth texting. From the Bureau of Labor Statistics, full time university/college students have 4 hours of free time on a weekday. From our personal research 70 percent of people prefer spending their free time with other people regardless of the activity.
Our solution is an Application that houses people’s free time. Imagine you just finished your busy schedule and want to hang out. You just simply pull out your phone and you can quickly see which of your friends have matching free time. With the press of a button you send them an invitation and voila! If multiple people send and accept an invitation the app automatically groups you together.
About Our Philosophy
As busy college students we noticed that people start to drift away. And we asked ourselves, what’s the point of a friend list with a 100+ people, if you’ll never even see half of them in person?
CaughtUp will help you gain and maintain more meaningful relationships. Our motto is “keep your friends face to face” because we believe that in the modern era it’s a little too easy to stay behind a screen and miss out on living the moments.
About the Team
We believe a team is made up of hackers (those that make the product), designers (work on the image of the product), and hustlers (those that plan and move the project forward). You can count on the CaughtUp team to deliver.
- Stephen Tan (CEO and Lead Developer): 2nd year Computer Science major. 1+ years of mobile app development (Android & iOS). Licensed mobile app developer with 3 published apps on Google Play Store and iTunes. 1+ years of multimedia content creation. Innovate Scholar.
- Luis Cabrera (Webmaster/artist): 3rd year Computer Science major. Programming experience with languages such as Java, Python and C. Linux experience. VT IT Security Lab member. VT Log Archive and Analysis Research Group. VT CyberLeader.
- Arjun Bhalodia: Mobile Development & Backend Programmer.
- John Heberle: Business-dev management [Add info before publishing] (Whoops!)
- Julia Ortega: Business-dev management [Add info before publishing] (Whoops!)